(and other Medpros)
Finding a medical pro who can really help
Finding doctors competent to deal with MCS, etc. is tough. Look for one who practices "integrated medicine" or "complementary medicine" or "clinical ecology" or "environmental medicine."
A few interesting ones:
- Dr. Joseph A. Debé Chiropractor & Board Certified Nutritionist.
- Leo Galland, MD
- The Foundation for Integrated Medicine
- His column at Health World Online
- His office in New York City: (212) 861-9000. Last time I called, he was not taking new patients. But they referred me to a couple of doctors closer to me, one of whom I'm checking out.
- Doris Rapp, MD and her Practical Allergy Foundation. Environmental Medicine, Pediatric Environmental Medicine.
- William Rea, MD and his Environmental Health Center in Dallas.
- Sherry Rogers, MD
- Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. stress reduction
- Possibilities in the North Carolina area
- Center for Occupational & Environmental Health, Johns Hopkins
- How to Contact Mayo
- Nova Scotia Environmental Health Center
- Doctor's Data, Inc.
- Cebam Analytical Lab "will test any body fluid or tissue for Hg but director thinks blood & urine the only true diagnostic tests for Hg from dental amalgam; believes that mercury from dental amalgams do not give off enough vapor to cause health problems." [AMALGAM list]
- Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory
- Ray Saarela - Nutritional Consultant Ray, one of the leading lights of the AMALGAM list, has immense knowledge of the biochemistry of mercury poisoning, and how to deal with it. Warning: he's an irascible person, with no patience with fools or people who haven't done their homework.
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine provides a searchable database of referable physicians.
- MCSurvivors has a referral list of physicians, centers, and related resources.
- Health World Online has a feature called Find a Professional. I haven't found it very useful yet; perhaps it will improve.
- MCS Referral and Resources: For $10, you can request a list of MCS-experienced physicians or toxicologists in a state.
For more Info...
Look in the sources of information listed in Support / Info.
A doctor you'd like to add?
and I'll put contact info on this list. Please supply
- doctor's name, location, and phone number. (Website URL and email address are nice if they exist.)
- a one-sentence description
- permission to use your name and email address.
copyright © 2002 by Catherine Holmes Clark. Last updated 7 August 2002